Welcome

Welcome to Cape Cod Fire!

This is a place for us to share information, have a dialog, learn, or seek answers. Possibly more!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Brush Breaker Drill



This photo shows brush breakers lined up at the drill at Otis last week. There have been a number of brush fires across the Cape already this year. We will be seeing a rise in the fire danger as the next few weeks go by, especially if it remains dry and windy. Be safe out there. More brush breaker photos at Brush Breaker Drill.

4 comments:

Firewarden1 said...

Thank you to all of you that came out for the drill. Also a big thank you to Chief Farrington and Chief Newman for a great classroom session. Also a big thank you to Otis AFB FD for Hosting and who could forget the Red Cross for all the refreshments.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if we can not use the new "Mashpee Center for the Preforming Arts" brush truck in the Brush Breaker Mutual Aid running card.
There is always the Rehab running card!

Firewarden1 said...

As someone that is still new to the Cape I am still learning my way around and what things are called. This was hammered home to me the other day. On Thursday I was down in the Mashpee area and wanted to see this new brush truck. So I looked on the web and could not find the "Mashpee Performing Arts Center" So I asked one of Mahpees Finest and he laughed at me and asked if I was serious. I said yes, I didn't know were it was. So he told me. Ha,Ha,Ha, now I get the joke.

Firewarden1 said...

Hey Here is a good link on U Tube of the Carver Drill at Myles Standish State Forest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pSCguHQI3o

Check it out.